The application for the 2021 scholarship cycle is closed and applications are no longer being accepted.
The next application cycle will begin February 1, 2022.
Please review ALL information, instructions, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before starting an application.
- Make sure that you meet the requirements for citizenship, age, college type, and GPA.
- Be prepared to provide contact information for yourself, parents/guardians, your high school, and a list of colleges to which you’ve applied.
- You will need to provide a complete list of academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, community involvement, and work experience.
- Two Letters of Recommendation are required; you will need to provide an email address for each recommender. Please let your recommenders know to expect an email from Youth Foundation.
- Submission of SAT and/or ACT scores is OPTIONAL for the 2022 application cycle, but applicants are still STRONGLY encouraged to submit test scores if available.
- You must attach an electronic copy of your official high school transcript. No mail-in transcripts will be accepted. Please be sure to redact ALL social security numbers from transcripts and ALL uploaded documents. Applications where social security numbers are NOT redacted will be automatically rejected.
- To determine financial need, applicants must attach a copy of their FAFSA Student Aid Report, their parents’ most recent IRS form 1040, and their own most recent IRS form 1040, if applicable. Please be sure to redact ALL social security numbers from IRS forms and ALL uploaded documents. Applications where social security numbers are NOT redacted will be automatically rejected.*
- Finalists will be required to submit an electronic copy of their financial aid award letter from their chosen college or university to verify eligibility to receive outside scholarships.
- Applicants are responsible for all of the information provided in the Application Guidelines, Application Procedures, and Frequently Asked Questions. Please thoroughly review all of the provided information and ask questions ([email protected]) well before the application closes (11:59 PM EST, February 28, 2021).
- VERY IMPORTANT: Once your application is complete, you must hit the ‘Submit’ button or your application will not be sent to Youth Foundation and it will not be reviewed. You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been submitted.
To apply online, follow these instructions:
- A link will be posted below before February 1, 2022.
- After the link is posted, create an account with your email and password of your choice.
- Fill out the Profile page.
- Once the profile is complete, click on the Application.
Applications will be accepted online only. No applications, in whole or in part, will be accepted through the mail.
* In evaluating financial need, a variety of factors are considered; there is no specific cut-off for income or Expected Family Contribution. There are Hadden scholars who receive the full Pell grant amount and have a zero EFC, and there are scholars who receive very little or no need-based aid from their school. The totality of the circumstances is weighed and applicants are given the opportunity to provide additional information that may not be reflected in a FAFSA or tax return.