Applications for the 2021 scholarship cycle
will be accepted from February 1 – February 28, 2021.
Due to COVID-19, certain application requirements have been suspended or changed for the 2021 scholarship cycle. SAT/ACT test score submissions are NOT required but are still encouraged. Under very limited circumstances, the 3.5 minimum GPA may be waived.
Please review ALL information, instructions, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before starting an application.
- Make sure that you meet the requirements for citizenship, age, college type, and GPA.*
- Be prepared to provide contact information for yourself, parents/guardians, your high school, and a list of colleges to which you’ve applied.
- You will need to provide a complete list of academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, community involvement, and work experience.
- Two Letters of Recommendation are required; you will need to provide an email address for each recommender. Please let your recommenders know to expect an email from Youth Foundation.
- The SAT/ACT test score submission requirement is waived for the 2021 application cycle. Applicants are encouraged to submit test scores if available.
- You must attach an electronic copy of your official high school transcript. No mail-in transcripts will be accepted.
- To determine financial need, applicants must attach a copy of their FAFSA Student Aid Report, their parents’ most recent IRS form 1040, and their own most recent IRS form 1040, if applicable.**
- Finalists will be required to submit an electronic copy of their financial aid award letter from their chosen college or university to verify eligibility to receive outside scholarships.
- Applicants are responsible for all of the information provided in the Application Guidelines, Application Procedures, and Frequently Asked Questions. Please thoroughly review all of the provided information and ask questions ([email protected]) well before the application closes (11:59 PM EST, February 28, 2021).
- VERY IMPORTANT: Once your application is complete, you must hit the ‘Submit’ button or your application will not be sent to Youth Foundation and it will not be reviewed. You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been submitted.
To apply online, follow these instructions:
- Click the link below to go to the sign in page.
- Create an account with your email and password of your choice.
- Fill out the Profile page.
- Once the profile is complete, click on the Application.
Applications will be accepted online only. No applications, in whole or in part, will be accepted through the mail.
* Due to complications arising from COVID-19, SAT/ACT test score submissions are NOT required but are still encouraged. In very limited circumstances, the 3.5 minimum GPA requirement may be waived. If an applicant had a 3.5 unweighted GPA or higher before the spring 2020 school semester, but due to extraordinary circumstances arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic their GPA fell below the unweighted 3.5 threshold, that student may still be eligible to apply for a Hadden Scholarship. The applicant will be required to submit a transcript that reflects a pre-pandemic GPA of 3.5 or higher AND submit a letter of explanation to further describe the circumstances that led to the drop in GPA.
** In evaluating financial need, a variety of factors are considered; there is no specific cut-off for income or Expected Family Contribution. There are Hadden scholars who receive the full Pell grant amount and scholars with a zero EFC. The totality of the circumstances is weighed and applicants are given the opportunity to provide additional information that may not be reflected in a FAFSA or tax return.